5 Reasons You Should Buy (and Sell) a Home NOW!!
1. PRICES ARE ON THE RISE. The latest Case Shiller Home Price Index revealed that home prices have appreciated 5.5% over the last year. And the Home Price Expectation Survey calls for continued appreciation over the next five years.
2. MORTGAGE INTEREST RATES ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE. The Mortgage Bankers Association has predicted that, after reaching record lows in 2012, mortgage rates will creep up slowly in 2013 to 4.4%.
3. RENTS ARE CONTINUING TO SKY-ROCKET. Zillow recently reported that rents in the U.S. increased by 4.2% over the last year. Also a good reason to buy investment property.
4. NEW MORTGAGE REGULATIONS WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS YEAR. Six regulators are currently drafting the new Qualified Residential Mortgage (QRM) rule. Many experts believe the new rules will be more stringent than current requirements.
5. TIMELINES WILL BE SHORTER. Historically there are fewer transactions this time of year. That means the timetables in the home buying process will be friendlier for those involved in transactions over the next 90 days.
These are five good reasons why you should consider buying (and selling) a home today.‹ back to all posts